Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Blog Post 3: Interviewer Generra, Subject Brigit


I was the SUBJECT. 

INTERVIEWER: Generra Johnson (in pink)

Asked Where were you?
Springfiend Township Elementary School, 9/11

Tells me: If I Don't feel comfortable answering questions you don't have to answer

Asked What was happening? In class, students started getting pulled out of class, didn't think anything of it, assistant principal pulled teacher aside and talked to him, no longer taught class

Asked What went through my mind as I saw it happen? I didn't understand really what was going on, I noticed children being pulled out of class and we knew something was up. Finally the assistant principal came back and told us what happened. And I was really worried because we couldn't get home because we were near a military base. The only way we could go home was if we were picked up. Well my family couldn't so I was upset and my cousins were pulled out of class. And then my aunt pulled my brother and I as well

Her father is handicap, left her in school, didn't find out the whole day, only found out what happened when you got home. Faculty told them the next day, private school. Maybe didn't tell them because they were a private school

Asked how did it feel? I didn't really understand. I knew I had to be upset and felt upset. When I got home I couldn't watch the news, almost every channel was about the news. So I had to watch sponge bob so I wasn't upset

Scared for her aunt, she was there, on vacation, she was at her house, her father was greatful, she didn't understand what was going on, knew people who family didn't go home for hours, was worried and said “Wow” now

Wanted to ask more questions

What I felt during the interview

Interviewer is not prepared- makes interview not authentic/ uneasy

Preparing with interview/ makes me feel uneasy

Started to feel comfortable after she said that I don't have to answer questions that I don't feel comfortable answering

Took a while writing down answers, felt a little uncomfortable, but not too bad

Really liked when she started to share her experience and it was easy to bounce off of that

No comments:

Post a Comment